Q ENGINEERED FLOORING
Boske additionally warrants that all its engineered hardwood flooring Products will not delaminate, wear through or twist. Correct job site pre-inspection, installation and maintenance procedures must be followed. Flooring or Ply-adhesive breakdown caused by excessive/inconsistent heat changes, excessive subfloor moisture and/or water damage, including but not limited to broken water pipes or flooding, are not covered under this WARRANTY.
If in the unlikely event that any portion of our Product should fail with respect to the provisions of these warranties, Boske will replace such portion, at no cost to you using either the same wood, or a suitable alternative should the original wood no longer be stocked by us. If in the unlikely event Boske is unable to correct any portion of a defective Product after a reasonable number of attempts, will refund the purchase price for the portion of the Product that is defective pursuant to the terms of the delivery and returns policy.
Boske promises to investigate each complaint on individual merit. To be a valid breach of warranty the problem must be solely attributable to a manufacturing fault and the correct fitting instructions and maintenance of the boards must have been fully adhered to. Colour variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.Naturally occurring wood characteristics, such as variations in grain, colour, knots, mineral streaks, and sap wood are not considered defects. The flooring products require proper maintenance, and the instructions that are recommended by Boske shall be followed. The ingress of sand and/or dust on to the floor should be prevented by installing a suitable mat by the entrance door(s). The warranty does not cover damage sustained by normal wear and tear or caused by external influences. Lacquer / Oil / HPPC wear is not classed as surface damage as this represents additional protection and is subject to correct maintenance practices / periodic re-application. Boske reserves the right, and must be offered the opportunity to inspect the problem in site and, where applicable, to inspect the floor in its installed condition.
In the event of the occurrence of force majeure, we shall be entitled to suspend delivery of the Products or delay caused by such force majeure, without being held responsible for any damage resulting to you. The time period for despatch shall be extended for the period of prevention or delay caused by such force majeure.
Such circumstances or occurrences include but are not restricted to: acts of God, fire, flood, or other natural disaster, strikes, epidemics, lock-outs, or other labour troubles, riots, insurrection, war or other reason of like nature not the fault of the party in performing under this Agreement, then performance of such act shall be excused for the period of the delay and the period of the performance of any such act shall be extended for a period equivalent to the period of such delay except that if any delay exceeds six months, then the party entitled to such performance shall have the option to terminate this Agreement.
Any of the following shall void and invalidate our WARRANTY:
- Damage due to moisture including, but not limited to, leaking pipes, incorrect maintenance, excessive moisture in subfloor or humidity, or similar damage caused by conditions that are too moist.
- Damage of a mechanical nature, such as scratches (for example caused by dragging furniture over the floor) or surface damage caused by falling objects. We recommend protective felt pads are fitted to table and chair legs and that wheels and castors are housed inside felt backed holders
- Moisture left on the floor, cleaning methods using excessive liquid and/or the use of inappropriate cleaning products.
- Damage caused by settling or uneven subfloors.
- Incorrect installations, done in a way that is contrary to the instructions provided.
- Improper maintenance or inadequate care.
- Damage resulting from accidents or abuses that stain or scratch the finish of wood flooring, diminish gloss, or indent the surface of the wood.
- Damage caused by heavy or concentrated foot traffic, pet’s claws (nails), sand, gravel and other abrasives.
- Walking on any Product with stiletto heels. This will cause indentations which are not covered by the WARRANTY. A stiletto heel can concentrate as much as 2,000 pounds per square inch on a floor.
- Defects and damage caused by manmade or natural disasters including, but not limited to, leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood, earthquake or standing water during or after construction.
Should you feel that you have to make a claim, please contact us as soon as the problem is noticed. A proof of purchase is necessary to process your claim quickly and efficiently.