Care & Maintenance
Instructions for taking care of your wood floors. We would now like to guide you through how to keep your floor beautiful forever. To prolong the pleasure that you will have with your floor. Please take time to read the following care guidelines.
The maintenance of your wood floors starts at your entrance. Good doormats will keep 80% of the dirt off and prevent sand from being ground into your floor.
• Put protective felt under chair and table legs.
• Remove spilt liquids as early as possible
• Never place plants directly onto your floors, always place them in a waterproof tray.
• Pet nails should always be properly trimmed
• Do not use wet mop or saturated rags to clean your floors, please keep in mind excessive water can damaged wood and finish.
• Do not wear high heeled shoes when the metal post is unprotected and has direct contact with the wood floors.
• Make sure not to use any ammonia based cleaners, wax products, detergents, bleach or acid.
Bona cleaner 3 easy steps:
REMOVE DIRT AND GRIT
Vacuum, dry mop or sweep to remove and loose dirt or grit. If you vacuum, use a soft brush attachment. If you dry mop using the Bona Cleaning Pad, remember to remove any loose dirt or grit afterwards. Rinse with water and wring out the pad thoroughly before cleaning with Bona Pro Series Hardwood Cleaner.
Lightly mist an 8”x 8” area of your floor or spray the cleaning pad directly with Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
WIPE AND CLEAN
Using a back and forth motion, clean the floor surface with your Bona mop or clean soft cloth. Finish one area before moving on to the next. When your cleaning pad becomes soiled, rinse it with water and wring out thoroughly before continue cleaning. If the pad becomes excessively soiled, launder and replace it with one to avoid streaking. Bona Mop Terry cloth covers are reusable.